Wednesday, July 16, 2014

The Beach Fiasco

This is the tragic tale of the time I tried to go to the beach.

Friday through Monday went according to plan, but this bliss was short lived. 5:30am on Tuesday morning found me (and not my family, who were playing on a beach somewhere) frantically writing a lab report I'd been procrastinating on. By 8am, I was sitting in ochem lab, which ran over time and I didn't make it home until 1pm. At home, I was delighted to find that the cable, wifi, and phones were out from a storm. The refrigerator had already been broken. The cable guy came, fixed stuff, and then left an hour before another storm so we lost power again. I wrote my lab report by candlelight. I couldn't google the answers so it would be safe to say I probably did not get an A on that. (Update: 36%! Go me!) I eventually decided it wasn't fun pretending to be smart so I went to bed. The air conditioning didn't work so it was like 200° and I couldn't sleep. At 7am on Wednesday of my "vacation," I couldn't toast my breakfast and the garage door wouldn't open because the power was still out. Then I messed up on every single step of the lab. Even if it's not possible, I will always find a way to do it wrong. It's a real talent.

After this struggle, I went back to the beach after class on Thursday. That was fun because I got the worst headache of my life the night we went out to dinner and while I was busy looking like death, our waitress happened to be a girl from high school. Luckily, she was probably never aware of my existence. When I finally arrived at the beach, thinking I was safe from calamity, I sat down to enjoy the sun and promptly got pooped on by a bird. I went into the water to wash it off, dove under a wave, miscalculated the depth in front of me, and face planted. My sister laughed at me. I got a mouth full of sand and a huge scratch on my forehead and the side of my nose. Yay.
This is the story I'm going to tell at parties when people ask me how my summer was. I'll probably make a lot of friends. But good news! I took a picture!
&
see the second one bigger and better here
Side notes: On move out day, when everyone was panicking to get out by the deadline, my friend's car broke down and we had to go jump it... we didn't make it out by noon. Also, the time I brought my camera to the beach to take this picture, it didn't turn on. 

fourth of july fireworks on the beach (flickr)
driving home


No comments:

Post a Comment